Sunday 26 June 2016

Leaving the EU and Plans for the Future

You probably know by now that Britain is leaving the European Union, and you don't need me to tell you how that's all going down. I'm not here to give my thoughts on it, but inevitably these circumstances will be affecting my plans for the future, so here's a shot update on how that looks to pan out.

- My plan to start anongoing webcomic is being put on hold. I'll still be working on Sea of Spheres here and there, but with the climate currently uncertain I'm not sure I'll be able to dedicate the time or the hosting costs to a three year project.

- The time I would be spending on the webcomic will now likely be going in to working on some single issue, small press comics. This is mainly to get some practice in and get my stuff out there. The first one is going to be about John Paul Jones' attack on Whitehaven Harbour during the American War of Independence and the various interpretations of that story.

- Less than Three will be publishing a follow up to The Reminiscence of Good King Carnack. It should be fun. Since I sent the final manuscript off for the Carnack short this time last year I expect you'll probably see a similar release period.

- I'm going to try to get at least one Modern Realms illustrated novella out some time by the end of the year. My original plan for this was a much larger project of a whole series illustrated by different artists. I think that plan was a little ambitious, so right now I just want to take it one step at a time.

- There are other, further plans in development too on the Stand Up Comedy side of things, but I'm not going to say too much before I have more concrete certainty.

- Other than that, it'd really help if you'd check out my book Tales of the Modern Realms, and my Ebook The Reminiscence of Good King Carnack.

Whatever my thoughts are on the matter, this is where we are now and I have to start making plans to deal with that. In the words of Conan “He is grim and loveless, but at birth he breathes power to strive and slay into a man's soul. What else shall men ask of the gods?”

No comments: